On 1 May 2022, the FNR together with Rockhal, University of Luxembourg and LIST, organise a “science meets music” event at the Rockhal in Esch/Belval. It will be a small science fair, where the general public can discover interactive workshops that link science with music. We cannot do this without you: Scientists, science communicators, teachers, private individuals – get involved and submit your proposals for interactive workshops that mix science and music or that deal with data sonification! Deadline to submit is Monday, 24 January 2022.
The event is the launch event of the “Sound of Data” project in the framework of Esch2022.
The event will offer a unique platform to showcase activities broadly related to the generation and/or use of sound in a scientific setting to a wide audience. Visitors will be able to get a hands-on experience, experiment, ask questions and get a very concrete and personal insight into the worlds of science and music. The event is deemed to help demystify the often abstract image of science and in the process introduce the audience to the concept and use of sound. All scientific disciplines are invited to participate in this Call for proposals!
The event will target:
- the general public, including young audiences (mainly families with young children)
- the tech community, and
- the artistic community, i.e. musicians & visual artists.
Who can submit proposals?
- Researchers/scientists working in Luxembourg or Luxembourgish researchers/scientists working abroad (public or private sector!)
- Not-for-profit associations, foundations, etc. engaged in activities of a scientific nature*
- Science communicators, teachers and private individuals
As for Researchers’ Days and the Science Festival, the success of this event will be down to the quality of the activities put forward by the collaborating and contributing scientists and science communicators.
We therefore hope that you will support us again and that many of you will respond to our Call for proposals!