The Ministry of the Economy, the FNR (“granting authorities”) and Luxinnovation have joined forces to offer companies and research institutions a new funding opportunity that supports consortia to take advantage of high-performance computing (HPC) capacities in their research field.
The purpose of this joint funding call for projects is to accelerate the digital transformation process in companies by integrating computer aided engineering, design and analytics as well as high-performance computing into their internal innovation process. The joint funding call therefore supports the implementation of high quality, high impact and innovative applied research projects that aim to benefit from high-performance computing.
The joint call for projects targets industrial research projects in the following HPC application fields:
- Complex simulations with multiple parameters;
- Virtual testing and optimisation (of new product designs, processes, complex materials);
- Big Data analytics and visualisation of millions of data points;
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms;
- Predictions and forecasting of complex models;
- The thematic areas thereby include manufacturing, advanced engineering, materials, energy and environmental technology, and telecommunications.
Joint call High Performance Computing: information session / webinar series
The webinars will be an excellent opportunity to learn more about the objectives of the call as well as the process of preparing applications and to ask questions. The webinar will present the objectives of the Joint Call HPC as well as the process of preparing applications, followed by a Q&A session.
FUNDING & DURATION
- The FNR will fund the costs of the eligible public research organisations in Luxembourg, up to 400.000 € per project covering all project specific costs.
- The Ministry of the Economy will co-finance costs borne by Luxembourg eligible companies up to ±700.000 € per project, using the R&D aid scheme.
- It is expected that the projects will be considered as industrial research projects. In this case, the maximum aid rates from MECO for companies through collaboration are as follows: Small company: 80% | Medium company: 75% | Large company: 65%.
- Project durations are targeted for a 24 to 36 month period.
Project ideas must be submitted via the dedicated platform www.research-industry-collaboration.lu between 15 September and 15 November 2022, 14:00 CET.
Phase 2 / Full project proposal (FPP) to be submitted by each project participant either to the Ministry of the Economy (Myguichet platform) for companies and to FNR (FNR Grant Management system) for accredited research organisations. The FPP as well as the financial annexes to be appended by each partner to the aid application can be downloaded from the platform. Direct link