Based on the strength of the first Joint Call HealthTech, the Ministry of the Economy, the National Research Fund and Luxinnovation join again forces to further build the collaboration culture between companies, research and healthcare organisations to match HealthTech products or services at prototype stage with research and healthcare expertise to co-develop and validate these solutions at a clinical level for the benefit of patients and deliver leading innovation.
Goal of the call is the development and validation of innovative digital health solutions benefiting the national healthcare (patients, healthcare professionals, payers), research and innovation ecosystems.
Webinar on 1 February 2023
The Ministry of the Economy, the FNR and Luxinnovation are hosting a webinar on 1 February 2023 at 13:00 CET, which will explain how to prepare applications to respond to the Joint Call for HealthTech projects that will be open until 31 March 2023. The webinar will be an excellent opportunity to learn more about the objectives of the call as well as the process of preparing applications, and to ask questions.
Visit research-industry-collaboration.lu for the full information
- Consortia are expected to include at least one participating company and one participating research organisation or hospital. An ideal consortium would have as close to an equal contribution between private and public parties as feasible, but at a maximum no party shall bear more than 70% of the total project costs.
- FNR will fund the costs of the accredited research organisations in Luxembourg, up to 500.000 EUR per project covering all project specific costs.
- The Ministry of the Economy will co-finance costs borne by Luxembourg eligible companies up to 700.000 EUR per project, using the R&D aid scheme.
- Additionally, the Ministry of Health / Directorate of Health have an option to allocate 50.000€ grants to healthcare organisations towards projects selected as part of this Joint Call.
- It is expected that projects shall be considered as experimental developments. In this case, maxima co-funding rates are as follows:
- Small enterprise: 60%; Medium enterprise: 50%; Large enterprise: 40%.
- Costs related to patents and certifications are only eligible for SMEs and will be co-funded up to 50% under the Innovation Aid for SMEs funding scheme.
- Self-funded international consortium partners are permitted to participate in the consortium.
Project durations are targeted for a 24 to 30 month period, with a 6 month extension to be requested if needed.
Call process & timeline
- Phase 1: 1 Feb 2023 9h00 – 31 Mar 2023 14h00: Project outline (PO) to be submitted on the www.research-industry-collaboration.lu platform of Luxinnovation.
- Phase 2: 15 May 2023 9h00 – 14 Jul 2023 14h00: Full project proposal (FPP) to be submitted by each project participant either to the Ministry of the Economy (Myguichet platform) for companies and to FNR (FNR Grant system) for accredited research organizations. The FPP as well as the financial annexes to be appended by each partner to the aid application can be downloaded from the platform www.research-industry-collaboration.lu.
- The panel will take place on 28th September 2023
- The results will be communicated in January 2024 and projects can start in February 2024.
- Projects have to be in line with the call topic.
- Companies must fulfil the criteria set out in the R&D aid scheme
- Research organisations must be eligible for funding with the FNR