The Ministry of the Economy, the FNR and Luxinnovation are hosting a series of webinars to offer information and answer questions about the Joint High-Performance Computing Call which has a project idea deadline of 15 November 2022 The first webinar takes place on 15 September at 11:00 CET, register now!
The Ministry of the Economy, the FNR (“granting authorities”) and Luxinnovation have joined forces to offer companies and research institutions a new funding opportunity that supports consortia to take advantage of high-performance computing (HPC) capacities in their research field.
The purpose of this joint funding call for projects is to accelerate the digital transformation process in companies by integrating computer aided engineering, design and analytics as well as high-performance computing into their internal innovation process. The joint funding call therefore supports the implementation of high quality, high impact and innovative applied research projects that aim to benefit from high-performance computing.
The joint call for projects targets industrial research projects in the following HPC application fields:
- Complex simulations with multiple parameters;
- Virtual testing and optimisation (of new product designs, processes, complex materials);
- Big Data analytics and visualisation of millions of data points;
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms;
- Predictions and forecasting of complex models;
- The thematic areas thereby include manufacturing, advanced engineering, materials, energy and environmental technology, and telecommunications.
Go to FNR programme page for this call
To facilitate the emergence of projects and to support interested actors in their efforts, Luxinnovation, the national agency for the promotion of innovation, has set up an online platform – www.research-industry-collaboration.lu – where companies and public research actors are invited to submit their project ideas from 15 September to 15 November 2022.